A maintained garden is a sign of a healthy one. It is possible for a maintain garden to produce edible fruits, flowers, and vegetables. It develops the possibility of the property. Whereas an ignored garden is responsible to produce fat garden pests and weeds.
1. You must feed the soil before actually, you feed plants. It is obvious that a better soil will always produce healthy and strong plants. A Shovel must be used to dig the soil, and dirt clods should be broken. To make a plant healthier, spread either 2 to 4-inch layers of some organic materials like rotted manure or compost over the area to be planted. Make its mixture with a top 12 inches of soil.
2. Planting of the plant should be done at the level of seedling growth only. While the seeds are sowing, you must follow the instructions written on the back side of the package. Do the matching of the growth requirements to garden’s climates. Vegetables like Melons, tomatoes are required hotter areas, whereas peas and carrots are required cold areas, as compared to others.
3. Inspection of plants is necessary for spreading of the garden pests such as cucumber beetles or aphids. You can immediately pick the larger bugs off the plants and take a jar with a soapy water to make them drowned in it. For the safety purpose, spray the smaller pests with a hose or insecticidal soap and mix it with a strong stream of water.
4. Removal of grass and weeds is necessary before you start planting the garden. This minimizes the possibility of competition for soil and moisture. After you are done with planting and as they have started growing, application of organic mulch up to 4 inches deep is a must. Weed can be controlled for a longer time with the help of Mulching. If you find a seedling in mulch, then it should be knocked down with the help of gardening hoe.
5. Harvesting of edibles is important as they fully ripen. The plants with a diseased one should be removed and destroyed. Removal of dying plants is required as they have fully done producing and you can pile them in the compost pile. Pests can be hidden in particular areas in winter, for that cleaning up all the debris is important. During some climates, plants those only grow in cool-season can be plated for the winter harvesting.
6. You Should use some tools like lawn mowers, leaf blower which will give a good appearance to your garden, Universalreview recommended some leaf blowers.
Various materials or things that are useful in maintaining a good garden are listed below;
- Soapy Water
- Garden Hoe
- Organic Mulch
- Insecticidal Soap
With the help of these materials, a garden can be maintained in a good condition for a longer time, as a good health of the garden is important to make our lives healthier and happier! Go planting.