Palawan, hailed as one of the finest islands in the world, is a popular site in the Philippines that does not disappoint. It’s jam-packed with natural wonders like towering rock formations, breathtaking lagoons, and pristine beaches that you won’t want to miss for anything!
We understand you’re looking forward to seeing for yourself since who isn’t? The wait is finally over! Domestic tourists are once again welcome in Palawan!
If you’re planning a trip to Palawan and want to know what documents you’ll need, this is the place to go. We’ve put up a comprehensive guide for tourists visiting Coron, El Nido, or Puerto Princesa City so that traveling is less complicated and time-consuming.
Updated Information on Palawan Travel Recommendations for 2022
Palawan is under Alert Level 2 until June 15, 2022, except for the city of Puerto Princesa, which is on Alert Level 1.
Palawan Travel Requirements 2022
Before you go to Palawan, read up on all of the necessary travel warnings, guidelines, and Palawan LGU travel restrictions to ensure that both tourists and locals are safe.
Coron Travel Requirements
Domestic visitors are permitted entry if they have been fully immunized. Minors must be accompanied by properly immunized guardians or parents. At all times, staycationers must remain on the premises of the hotel or resort where they are staying.
CORON TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS 2022
Before your trip, be aware of the following Coron Palawan travel requirements 2022:
- Approved S-Pass travel application
- Vaccination card Antigen test result (QR coded with attached receipt) or saliva test result (through Philippine Red Cross) – should be done within 24 hours before boarding any mode of transportation.
- Roundtrip ticket
- Confirmed accommodation booking
El Nido Travel Requirements
Following the El Nido Palawan travel requirements, tourists from the National Capital Region (NCR) are permitted point-to-point travel.
Individuals over the age of 65, those with immunodeficiency, comorbidities, or other health conditions that might be exacerbated by travel (such as heart disease), and pregnant women must have received all three doses. They can only travel for at least 2 weeks after receiving the second dose.
On the eighth day, those who stay longer than seven (7) days will be subjected to an antigen test. This El Nido excursion must be completed in a timely manner.
Here’s a list of the El Nido travel requirements for 2022 to keep in mind before you go:
EL NIDO TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS 2022 FOR FULLY VACCINATED
- The S-PaSS travel application has been authorized.
- You can obtain a vaccination card from the Department of Health through vaxcert.doh.gov.ph or via the vaccination card on vaccinevalet.com
- Hotel reservations may be made at an DOT-accredited business.
- Roundtrip ticket
- Valid ID
- Negative antigen test result within 48 hours of arrival in Palawan.
EL NIDO TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS 2022 FOR UNVACCINATED / PARTIALLY VACCINATED
- Approved S-PaSS travel application
- Negative RT-PCR test result taken within the last 48 hours before travel
- Hotel Booking at DOT-accredited establishment
- Roundtrip ticket
- Valid ID
EL NIDO TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS 2022 FOR MINORS TRAVELING WITH PARENTS / GUARDIANS
- 11 years old and below with fully vaccinated parents/guardians – Negative rapid antigen test result
- 12 years old and above with fully vaccinated parents/guardians – Negative RT-PCR test result
- 11 years old and below with non-vaccinated parents/guardians (or incomplete vaccination)- Negative RT-PCR test result
- 12 years old and above with non-vaccinated parents/guardians (or incomplete vaccination) – Negative RT-PCR test result
Puerto Princesa Palawan Travel Requirements 2022
Only tourists who visit the city of Puerto Princesa in Palawan can stay there for a maximum of 4 days and 3 nights. If you want to stay longer than four days, you must go through a 7-day facility-based confinement (at your expense). See below for the Travel Requirements for Palawan: 2022 Edition
- Valid ID
- S-PASS Travel Coordination Permit
- StaySafe QR Code
- Negative RT-PCR Test Result from testing facilities accredited by the DOH using nasopharyngeal swabs taken within forty-eight (48) hours prior to arrival
- Travel Order / Travel Itinerary (for APORS)
- Vaccination Card or ID (for travelers staying for 3 days only)
- Returning Ticket (for travelers staying for 3 days only)
- For items 6 and 7, only fully vaccinated APORs are eligible for the short-term stay and free to go upon entry, subject to a rapid antigen test within 24 hours after arrival.
- Regardless of whether you have been immunized entirely or not, you must follow item 4 (test prior travel) to avoid running into difficulties when traveling internationally.
For the most up-to-date information on Palawan LGU travel requirements, go to this website: http://www.palawan.gov.ph/ For additional announcements and information on the most recent Palawan LGU travel restrictions, go to this webpage:
The most frequently asked questions about travel requirements for Palawan in 2022
Is it now possible to visit Palawan?
A: Yes, Palawan has reopened to visitors. Except for Puerto Princesa, all major Palawan sites (El Nido, Coron, San Vicente, Culion, and Amanpulo) are accessible for tourism.
Q: Do the RT PCR tests need to be negative in Palawan?
A: Yes, a negative RT-PCR Swab test result is one of the travel requirements for Palawan.
Q: Is it necessary to show a negative RT PCR test result in Coron, Palawan?
A: Yes, a negative RT-PCR swab test result (QR coded with receipt) is required before boarding an aircraft within 48 hours of getting the QR code from the Coron Palawan travel requirement.
Q: Is it necessary to obtain a negative RT PCR result in El Nido, Palawan?
A: Yes, a negative RT-PCR Swab test result within the previous 72 hours before travel is one of the El Nido tourist criteria.